Confidently knowing the food and beverage menu contents and be able to explain them in detail to guests. Understand dietary requirements and offer appropriate suggestions.
1. By completing checklist in product knowledge.
2. Be able to make suggestions on the menu that might suit guests of different nationalities.
3. By knowing menu items of all other outlets to recommend guests to other outlets.
4. Undertake steps/process to ensure that all areas of the restaurant are set to the standards required for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This includes setting tables, setting the buffet, having all equipment ready for service and ensuring you have been briefed by your supervisor for the shifts activities.
5. Check reservations with Supervisor/Assistant Manager/Manager, and confirm any large bookings for the next service period.
6. By ensuring everything is clean and tidy, ready for guests to enter the restaurant.
7. By assisting bartenders & kitchen staff where required and carry out any reasonable duties requested by the Supervisor/ Assistant Manager/Manager.
8. By completing checklist on preparing the restaurant for service.
9. Greet all guests that walk past your outlet& offer them menus to view when appropriate.
10. Greet guests with smile offer assistance with coats, bags etc., and introduce yourself.
11. All guests are escorted to a table, asked if they would prefer smoking or non smoking.
12. All guests must be offered a drink within the first two minutes of being seated and quickly followed up with a food menu.
13. All breakfast guests & any single diners should be offered a paper to read.
14. Ensure all service procedures are carried out to the standards required.
15. Accommodate any guest request, if not possible then offer appropriate alternatives.
16. Take personal responsibility for the service experience of all guests in your designated area.
17. Follow up any guest questions or queries immediately and if you don’t know the answer, check with your Supervisor/Assistant Manager/Manager.