Maintaining a consistently high standard of operation and customer service within the department and ensuring all communications relating to hotel both external and internal are actioned efficiently to all guests.
1. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing to provide clear direction to team member. Observes performance and encourages improvement. Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, and administers disciplinary procedures for Hotline team member. Monitors business forecast and makesteam membering adjustments as required.
2. Reviews VIP arrival and ensures proper handling of VIPs and groups, Ensure the correct operation of the switchboard to effect the fast and efficient transferring of internal and external calls and all customers requests including wake up calls are actioned speedily and in accordance with procedures as laid down by the Front Office Manager。
3. Computes daily payroll, schedules, and other reports. Analyzes data and makes decisions based on prior experiences and knowledge of circumstances to prepare daily and weekly report for related department .
4. Carry out interviews for prospective telephone operators, ensure departmental orientation is carried out for new members of the team and supervise training, training schedules, records and corrective/re-training .Ensure the Front Office Manager is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from either customers or other department . .
5. Leads and motivates team members by leading by example and employing competent and consistent management practices.
6. Actively takes part in training the team, facilitating formal training sessions and on the job training to ensure that all team members are of the same standard. Also attends training where and when required.
7. Acts as a coach and mentor to team members, reinforcing standards and expectations and motivating team members to strive for established targets.
8. Conducts PDR’s, 1:1 meetings throughout the year, ensuring that the feedback given to team members is fair, unbiased and provides a platform for continued improvement, according to the Hilton standards.
9. Is involved with succession planning and development of high potential team members to ensure that all team members are trained to progress to the next level of their career.
10. Contributes to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and customer care to team members and guests.
11. Responsible for the smooth induction and facilitation of training for new team members, ensuring that they are trained to the minimum level standard and that they can competently complete their job and that they know what is expected of them.
12. Takes an active role in the Hotline team, ensuring effective communication and working as a team in order to reach goals and targets.
13. Greets all guests communications with a warm tone, ensuring that they feel welcomed and appreciated when contacting the hotel.
14. Manages guests communication in an efficient and effective way, ensuring that guests are not delayed and that replies or follow up is made within Hilton Brand Standard timings.
15. Transfers all internal and external guest calls to the appropriate party correctly, with minimal delay.
16. Handles and delivers messages in a confidential and professional manner, maintaining guests privacy and integrity of the message, and ensuring that the message is accurate and delivered to the guest in a prompt and timely manner.
17. Maintains the integrity of the hotels information by not providing confidential or privacy invasive information about guests or the hotel. Maintains the integrity of the guests privacy at all times and adheres to Hilton Brand Standards for communication.
18. Handles complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action, and informing the Hotline Manager or Guest Relations Manager for follow up, where appropriate. Follows up with all guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution.
19. Maintains awareness of guest’s profile and specific preferences, ensuring that they are acted upon for each reservation.
20. Ensures that VIP guests are treated personally and recognized as an individual.
21. Promotes HHonours and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program. Ensures that existing HHonours members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
22. Inputs information in to Fidelio regarding guests, ensuring accuracy and that all details are completed and that the information can be clearly understood by other team members.
23. Applies Hilton Brand Standards in each and every action, acting as a role model and example of how the standards should be carried out in a practical setting.
24. Is up to date with information and has detailed knowledge of facilities, attractions, places of interest, sights and activities in and around hotel. Imparts this knowledge to other team members.
25. Effectively communicates, coordinates and cooperates with Housekeeping, F&B, Engineering and IT.
26. Reports problems with hotel systems, hardware or facilities to the appropriate party and follows up to ensure that corrective action has been taken.
27. Ensures that the Guest Service Manager is kept aware and up to date of operational issues.
28. Carries out administrative duties of the department where required, including typing, printing, binding, and filing.
29. Spot checks team members to ensure quality and maintain consistency.
30. Passes on information effectively, ensuring that all necessary details are communicated to the intended person and that any pending action is completed and guest satisfaction confirmed. Attends daily briefings, shift handovers, meetings and reads the log book on a daily basis.
32. Ensures that the day-to-day functions of the front desk are completed. Including but not limited to checklist and trace reports.
33. Ensures that the Hotline stock is managed and not wasted, maintaining costs where able.
34. Keeps up to date and aware of competitor activities in order to be informed.
35. Complies with Health & Safety, Emergency Management, disaster Manual, and Fire procedures and regulations. Takes part in the fire team when and where directed.
36. Adheres strictly to standard cash handling procedures, ensuring to balance float and drop the required amount. Manages cash, credit card, city ledger, voucher and all other forms of payment correctly.
37. Adheres to the company credit policy at all times when handling cash, credit card transactions, city ledger, providing currency exchange services, LPO and third party payments for rooms, meetings, F&B and any other charges that may be incurred by guests.
38. Correctly posts charges for telephone charges and the business centre, as well as manage the hotels communication system to ensure that there is no loss of revenue.
39. Maintains awareness of sales opportunities within the hotel, maximizing revenue in an ethical and responsible manner, ensuring the guests receive value for money and adhering to Hilton Brand Standards.
40. Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
41. To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
42. Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. College graduate, excellent command of written and spoken in English and Chinese language.
2. 2-3 years working experience with same position in Brand Hotel
3. Good community ability required.
4. Good mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
6. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect and analyze accurate information and resolve conflicts.
7. Has detailed knowledge and understanding of computer application and their use, that can effectively demonstrated.
8. Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
9. Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
10. Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
11. Working experience within Hilton Group prefered..