Greets and registers guests , providing prompt and courteous service . Checks guests out of the hotel . Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel . Upgrades promotes hotel services amenities and upsells products to the guests .
1. Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system , confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate . Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs . Codes electronic keys . Non –verbally confirms the room number and rate . Promotes and administers Hilton Marketing programs such as Hilton Honors , for arriving guests . Ensures guests knows location of room , containing room keys , tokens of our appreciation ,gifts , etc ,to guest .
2. Ensures rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement Properly accounts for service provided by the hotel. Assists guests with check out payments or charges . Accepts and records vouchers, credit, traveler’s checks and other forms of payment , converts foreign currency at current posted rates .
3. Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice , listens to understands requests , responds with appropriate action and provide accurate information such on outlet hours , special VIP programs , events , etc .
4. Receives special requests from guests , and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate team members for decisions and actions.
5. Promptly answers the telephone and email inquires . inputs messages into the computer and advises other team members of special guest needs . retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest . Retrieves mail , packages and facsimiles or other special items for customers as requested .
6. Fields guest complaints , conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results . Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts , insufficient heating or air conditioning , etc . Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity . Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion .
7. Takes an active role in the team by being kind, cooperative, helpful and never forgetting the person behind the guest.
8. Actively takes part in training where and when required, attending formal training sessions and on the job training to ensure standards and develop skills and abilities.
9. Contributes to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and customer care to team members and guests.
10. Takes an active role in the Executive Floor team, ensuring effective communication and working as a team in order to reach goals and targets.
11. Creating a warm and welcoming arrival for guests, ensuring that they feel expected and immediately “at-home” when they arrive.
12. Checking-in guests in accordance with their reservation details, ensuring that the registration card is completed, reservation information confirmed, HHonours and Frequent Flyer Number enquired about, and method of payment secured.
13. Ensuring that guests are escorted to their room that the hotel facilities and room features are explained, and that luggage is delivered in a prompt manner.
14. Handles complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action, and informing the Duty Manager or Guest Relations Manager for follow up, where appropriate. Follows up with all guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution.
15. Maintains awareness of guest’s profile and specific preferences, ensuring that they are acted upon for each reservation.
16. Ensures that VIP guests are treated personally and recognized as an individual.
17. Assists the Guest Service Manager by blocking rooms according the guests preferences.
18. Prints Welcome letters from the Guest Relation Manager, and for 1st time stay HHonours guests, arranges welcome cards and ensure that they are placed in guest rooms or handed over at the time of arrival.
19. Coordinates with Amenity Butlers to arrange in-room amenity set-ups according to VIP level and for special occasions – ie. Birthday’s and Honeymoon’s.
20. Facilitate the operation of the VIP gift amenity menu, by offering it to guests, and ensuring that VIP’s receive their chosen amenity item.
21. Liaises with Sales, Reservations and the Business Development team to handle corporate guests.
22. Promotes HHonours and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program. Ensures that existing HHonours members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
23. Provides extra services for VIP guests including offering refreshments, cold towels and other courtesies upon arrival.
24. Carries out ticket reconfirmation, safari bookings and makes guest reservations when required.
25. Ensures a prompt and efficient departure, by settling guests accounts as per billing and reservation instructions and ensuring that all guests folios are correct.
26. Inputs information in to Fidelio regarding guests, ensuring accuracy and that all details are completed and that the information can be clearly understood by other team members.
27. Applies Hilton Brand Standards in each and every action, acting as a role model and example of how the standards should be carried out in a practical setting.
28. Has knowledge of the hotels facilities and services as well as basic knowledge of Hilton International, MEAP & other properties in China.
29. Is up to date with information on facilities, attractions, places of interest, sights and activities in and around hotel..
30. Ensures that the overall appearance of the Executive lounge is neat and tidy at all times.
31. Effectively communicates, coordinates and cooperates with Housekeeping, F&B, Engineering and .IT
32. Reports problems with hotel systems, hardware or facilities to the appropriate party and follows up to ensure that corrective action has been taken.
33. Prepares the Executive Lounge for F&B service, monitoring service and preparation areas to ensure cleanliness and presentation standards.
34. Ensures that the Excutive Floor Manager is kept aware and up to date of operational issues.
35. Passes on information effectively, ensuring that all necessary details are communicated to the intended person and that any pending action is completed and guest satisfaction confirmed. Attends daily briefings, shift handovers, meetings and reads the log book on a daily basis.
36. Ensures that the day-to-day functions of the Executive Lounge are completed. Including but not limited to checklist, trace reports, credit limit checks, and online back-up.
37. Monitors inventory of the Executive Lounge’s stock including DVD and CD’s to ensure that all items provided to guests are returned and are accounted for.
38. Checks Registration cards, meeting and function information, billing instructions, and reservation backup to ensure that all information received is actioned accordingly.
39. Ensures that the Executive Lounge stock is managed and not wasted, maintaining costs where able.
40. Keeps up to date and aware of competitor activities in order to be informed.
41. Adheres to the hotel selling strategy of Demand Based Pricing and maintains rate integrity by offering clear, transparent, and value for money rates to guests.
42. Complies with Health & Safety, Emergency Management, disaster Manual, and Fire procedures and regulations. Takes part in the fire team when and where directed.
43. Adheres strictly to standard cash handling procedures, ensuring to balance float and drop the required amount. Manages cash, credit card, city ledger, voucher and all other forms of payment correctly.
44. Adheres to the company credit policy at all times when handling cash, credit card transactions, city ledger, providing currency exchange services, LPO and third party payments for rooms, meetings, F&B and any other charges that may be incurred by guests.
45. Provides safety deposit boxes to guests, ensuring that guests valuables are safe and secure at all times.
46. Follows up on outstanding accounts to ensure no loss of revenue and secures method of payment for upcoming reservations.
47. Maintains the efficiency of departure by checking all guests folios to ensure accuracy of charges.
48. Upsells rooms to higher room and rate categories, ensuring the maximum revenue generation from each guest.
49. Maintains awareness of sales opportunities within the hotel, maximizing revenue in an ethical and responsible manner, ensuring the guests receive value for money and adhering to Hilton Brand Standards.
50. Attempt to communicate with guest in guest’s native language , if applicable .
51. Remains calm alert , especially during emergency and heavy hotel activity , and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues .
52. Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
53. To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
54. Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations without error .
2. Ability to read, Listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing .
3. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system .
4. Strong leadership and communication skills
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers , some of whom will require high levels of patience , tact and diplomacy to defuse anger , collect accurate information and resolve conflicts .
6. Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
7. Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
8. 3 or 5 years of related working experience prefered.