Feel Welcome Feel Valued
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the ADD & IRD Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Initiatives to aid with the continued development of the Hotels’ positioning as a leader in Food & Beverage service and as a Food and Beverage destination.
• Ongoing control and enhancement of quality standards and guest service.
• Daily supervision, coordination and direction of the outlet colleagues and leaders, anticipating and ensuring prompt, courteous service.
• Ensuring that All Day Dining & IRD maintains a first class and positive visual impact including: ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, décor and service flows.
• Working together with the Restaurant Manager and the Outlet Sous Chef, to develop new menu ideas and promotions.
• Working with the teams to create new ideas and promotions resulting in increased opportunities for Food & Beverage Sales.
• Working with the kitchen, stewarding and all restaurant leaders to ensure and promote that teamwork is a strong component of the daily service culture.
• Assist with recruiting, staffing and scheduling ensuring an adequate balanced staff and leadership level while maintaining forecasted productivities.
• Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all guests and colleagues.
• Monitoring and continued development of food & beverage controls.
• The continuous development and performance management of all colleagues and leaders in All Day Dining & IRD.
• Facilitating Reach and setting goals for All Day Dining & IRD leaders.
• Ensuring all training processes are set up and maintained for all leaders and colleagues.
• Reports suspicious people, parcels, and behaviors to Security.
• Ensures adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics.
• Minimum one year experience as Assistant Manager in a fast pace, high quality and successful F&B operation.
• Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial thinking and analytical business thinking required.
• Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
• Must be computer literate and analytical.