Feel Welcome Feel Valued
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, the primary responsibilities for the Director of Sales & Marketing include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
• Prepares the Annual Marketing Plan and Room Revenue Budgets.
• Participates in Trade Shows and promotional events to develop new markets by identifying prospective customers.
• Drives the Sales effectiveness of the hotel and Sales & Marketing Team.
• Participates in overseas Sales Missions in accordance with identified business needs.
• Controls and monitors the Sales & Marketing Budget including expenses.
• Provides ongoing direction and implements training programs for staff in the areas of:
- Tour & Travel Section.
- Meetings & Groups.
- Catering Sales Department.
- Local & Worldwide Corporate Agreements.
- Travel Agency Contracts.
- Reservations Department.
• Attends weekly EXCO meetings and relays relevant information to Department members.
• Implements advertising campaigns and participates in joint advertising with Regional Sales & Marketing Team.
• Produces and controls all sales literature, including brochures, flyers, poster, promotional letters and giveaways.
• Responsible for gaining exposure and inclusion in companies’ worldwide programs (RFP & consortia programs) on preferred rate structure, directly and/or jointly with Regional S&M.
• Conducts Sales meeting with all Sales & Marketing staff personnel.
• Prepares monthly and periodic reports for General Manager as directed.
• Issues and signs Tour & Travel / Corporate Rate contracts and Meeting GDS / RFP contract preparation / negotiation / contracting.
• Reviews and monitors company accounts room night production report based on account and individual sales managers' productivity to ensure sales objectives as related to revenue monthly budgets are achieved.
• Monitors weekly sales activities to ensure individual sales calls objectives are achieved.
• Supervises monitor reservation department to ensure optimal inventory management based on yield.
• Monitors daily reservations pick-up patterns to maximize occupancy and revenue increase yields.
• Conducts weekly 3-month forecast meeting with Revenue Director/Manager.
• Responsible to control all key account yearly contracting processing based on rate negotiation (to support increasing rates on a year-round basis) – negotiates with decision makers/confirm with GM– based on volume (hotel’s top productive accounts).
• Liaises with Front Office, Banqueting, F&B and Finance re: all Hotel Sales Activities.
• Liaises and directly monitors the Public Relation Department with regard to advertising, editorial and Press Releases requirements.
• Other duties and support in other departments when required and as assigned.
• Experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel with knowledge of the China market is required.
• Working experience in China is an asset.
• Fluency in Mandarin and English is required.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical, pro-active and innovative mind.
• Detail-oriented and highly reliable in thorough execution and follow-through.
• High integrity and ability to keep confidentiality.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China. The hotel will assist with the working visa for suitable foreign applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!