- Work alongside guest contact colleagues ensuring the delivery of on brand guest service with poise.
- Execute job tasks according to the pre-defined standards & procedures and in compliance with the company employment handbook.
- Ensure all areas in the lobby, forecourt and parking areas are up to standard and all operating equipment is well-maintained.
- Be familiar with the 1865 program.
- Demonstrate honesty, reliability, ethics, and professionalism; demonstrate consistency between words & behaviour.
- Build positive and productive working relationships with customers, subordinates, peers, superiors, business partners, and the community; encourage this behaviour in others.
- Accept personal responsibility and accountability for achieving results within targeted timelines; ensure clear authority and accountability for results by others.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out accurately, efficiently and within the allocated timeframes for each task. All tasks must be closed in the FCS system once completed.
- Be fully knowledgeable about the hotel facilities, functions and local area information.
- Responsible for keeping standards and procedures and information folders and brochures up to date.
- Ensure a smooth co-ordination between the individual sections of Front Office.
- Liaise and work closely with other departments to resolve any operational issues.
- Promote the free flow of information; encourage the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and objectives; serve effectively in both team member and team leader roles; promote collaboration & teamwork in others.
- Ensure all team members report to work on time as scheduled.
- Complete the performance appraisal process for colleagues as required, and ensure all appraisals have clear and accurate feedback and SMART objectives for the next 6 – 12 months.
- Knowledge of and educate others about how one's work aligns with the overall business/brand strategy, and ultimately shareholder value.
- Understand the meaning and implications of key internal and external financial indicators.
- Add value through operational efficiency through process improvement; understand and focus on the key drivers of sales, colleague and customer satisfaction, profitability, and quality.
- Understand hotel PMS – Opera and FCS to ensure efficient handling of work duties.
- Be familiar with hotel emergency procedures e.g. fire alarm and take charge during emergency situations.
- Respond to guest requests ASAP before departing your shift.
- Actively participate in meetings as requested. Attendance must always be on time.