The basic responsibilities of the Cost Controller is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of cost control, storerooms, and receiving and to assist management in keeping the cost of food, beverage and other supplies to a minimum.
1. Supervises Cost Clerks, storekeepers, and receiving clerks.
2. Ensures the security of all stores, including proper restrictions on the issue of keys and general access.
3. Ensures that all incoming goods are received via the Receiving Area, with deliveries properly checked against purchase orders and market lists.
4. Inspects and tests goods whenever he/she deems necessary especially with regard to food & beverage items.
5. Records and verifies on a daily basis all food & beverage invoices for price extension, total and unit prices which should conform to the approved market prices.
6. Ensures that accumulated daily invoices agree to amounts transferred to Accounts Payable.
7. Makes regular spot checks and inspections of storerooms, receiving area, and all outlets.
8. Checks duty invoices to ensure that correct duty has been applied.
9. Has full and extensive knowledge of the hotel inventory system and is responsible for the maintenance of the system. Should there any system error detected, bring attention to DOF/AFC immediately.
10. Trains users on the hotel inventory system and assists in the setup of requisition lists, purchasing lists etc.
11. Ensures all inventory items are correctly set up in the hotel inventory system including sizes, descriptions,
purchase units etc.
12. Ensures that proper records are kept of inventory receipts, issues, returns and transfers and proper authorisation thereof.
13. To ensure the loading dock and storage areas are free from clutter and hazards and are kept clean and tidy at all times.
14. Maintains adequate control on all inwards and outwards goods into the loading dock and storerooms.
15. To maintain vigilance in ensuring the security of the loading dock and all storage areas.
16. To ensure that there is no unauthorised access to storeroom after office working hours.
17. To liaise with other departments on a regular basis to ensure over or under stocking is minimised.
18. Ensure current par stock levels are maintained and constantly reviewed.
19. Keeps stock inventory descriptions, size and weight current.
20. Introduces stringent cost control measures.
21. Monitors and investigates spoilage and recommends appropriate actions to reduce.
22. Trains users on the hotel cost system and assists in the setup of requisition lists, purchasing lists etc.
23. Ensures all inventory items are correctly set up in the hotel inventory system including sizes, descriptions,purchase units etc.
24. Introduces stringent cost control measures.
25. Co-ordinates with F&B Manager and Executive Chef for performing recipe costings and recommended retail prices for food & beverage items.
26. Co-ordinates with Other Operating Departments for performing costings and recommended selling prices.
27. Conducts monthly costings and ensures prompt submission of all month-end reports within deadlines.
28. Conducts and co-ordinates monthly stocktakes of outlets and storerooms.
29. Conducts and co-ordinates stocktake of operating equipment with concerned departments.
30. Conducts market price surveys in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager and Executive Chef.
31. Prepares monthly listing of slow moving and obsolete stock items with recommendations for action，Ensure the Valid period of received items to minimize the spoilage.
32. Co-ordinates with other departments, especially F&B Department regarding cost matters.
33. Calculates daily cost of sales with regard to officer’s checks and entertainment bills.
34. Work closely with Purchasing Manager and Department Heads to minimize the cost without sacrifice the quality.
35. Monitors food cost of sales on a regular basis to ensure in line with budget.
36. Play the role of Asset coordinator to management the Hotel Asset , ensure periodically inventory taken of assets.