The Finance Director is in charge of supervising the accounting, the budget, the tax and the treasury operations as well as purchasing and IT, to ensure the security of hotel assets.
Reporting directly to GM’s and owners and functionally to the CM Shanghai Finance team, he is the entry contact for all hotel financial- and accounting-related issues with owners, auditors (internal and external) and regulatory agencies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily bookkeeping
- Ensure the accuracy of the monthly closing
- Ensure the annual closing and the auditors relationship
- Follow up and planning of the working capital
- Ensure the internal audit compliance for the office
- Resort technical training when needed
- Ensure the accuracy of the tax filing, CIT, EIT, VAT,…
- Follow up in link with the HQ the update on the Tax topics
- Give alerts in term of Risk identified to the top management
- Build the annual Budget and ensure the forecast process during the year
- Provide analysis in order to optimize the GOP of the Hotel
- Review and analyse the monthly reporting for Owner and for Headquarter
- - Analyze ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and upon completion determine if anticipated results were achieved.
- In charge of implementing internal control for the hotel Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems
- Maintain records for internal and external audits; ensure compliance with government regulations; and contractual agreements
- Make recommendation for improvement to the Hotel Management and Headquarter
- - Follow up the action plan
Maximise cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances
Team Management: (>10 people)
- Manage day-to-day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate
- Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Provide direction to hotel employees on how decision making impacts profits.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure accounting practices, support the guest experience through payment options (example: credit card systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Chinese fluent
- English business level
- Senior knowledge in accounting principle PRC, Chinese Tax system
- Experience in Hotel accounting and Processes
- Excellent management and leadership skills, ability to delegate and to coach
- Ability to have the overview / doing synthesis
- Ability to work in transverse and project mode
- Rigor and organization
- Autonomy, decision-making and adaptation skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, pedagogy, listening
- Result, efficiency, simplification Orientation