- 学 历：大专
- 所 在 地：不限
- 户 籍 地：不限
职位：Director of Sales & Marketing
***This is a master requisition for DOSM.
Candidate will be assigned by actual vacancy throughout Greater China properties.
If you are interested in DOSM position with Marriott International, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Functions as theleader of the property’s sales department for properties with bookings over 300peak rooms and significant local catering revenue.Manages the property's reactive and proactivesales efforts.Provides day to dayleadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives withoverall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.Implements the brand’s service strategy andapplicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses onbuilding long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievementof the hotel’s’ sales objectives. Evaluates the property’s participation in thevarious sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales within the Sales Office,electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships toproactively position and market the property.Manages the marketing budget to enable development of property specificcampaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet propertyobjectives. Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional andnational promotions pull through.Developsand implements property–wide strategies that deliver products and services tomeet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customerprofile and property associates and provides a return on investment to theowner and Marriott International.
Education and Experience
· 2-yeardegree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing,Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in thesales and marketing or related professional area.
· 4-yearbachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and RestaurantManagement, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing orrelated professional area.
· 4year college degree.
· Demonstratedskills in supervising a team.
· Lodgingsales experience.
· Hotelindustry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a patternof exceptional performance.
· Manages the development of a strategic account plan forthe demand generators in the market.
· Manages the property's reactive and proactive salesefforts.
· Determines and develops marketing communication activities,in conjunction with Regional Marketing Communications.
· Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the marketand economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet orexceed customer expectations.
· Reviews the Strategic Alignment Review (STAR) report,competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awarenessof the hotel’s market position.
· Researches competitor’s sales team strategies toidentify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
· Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input onweekly and overall sales strategy.
· Suggests innovative marketing ideas and developsdeployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
· Evaluates and supports participation and accountdeployment with Area Sales and Group Sales within the Sales Office.
· Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager,property leadership team, Group Sales and Area Sales leaders.
· Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves asthe customer advocate.
· Serves as hotel authority on sales processes and salescontracts.
· Serves as the property sales liaison with Area Sales, GroupSales, Revenue Management, Event Management, Regional Marketing Communicationsand other hotel departments as appropriate.
· Participates in sales calls with members of the Salesand Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
· Identifies public relations opportunities andcoordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
· Supports the General Manager by coordinating crisiscommunications.
· Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer ServiceStandards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects ofbusiness booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
· Participates in and practices daily service basics ofthe brand (e.g., , Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve DailyBasics, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard,SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle,or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
· Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operationsand back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
· Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues thatarise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issuesto property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
· Maintains successful performance by increasingrevenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for theowner and Marriott International.
· Implements thebrand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of thesales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customerrelationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
· Interfaces withregional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pullthrough.
· Performs otherduties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
· Develops strong partnerships with local organizationsto further increase brand/product awareness.
· Develops and manages internal key stakeholderrelationships.
· Develops strong community and public relations by maintainingproperty participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and clientevents.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customersatisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring theirsatisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs andrecommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needsand exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty toMarriott.
· Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary targetcustomer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding theirbusiness, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution bothprior to, and during the program/event.
· Functions as the leader of the property’s salesdepartment for properties with bookings over 300 peak rooms and significantlocal catering revenue.
· Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignmentwith the brand business strategy.
· Executes the sales strategy in order to meet individualbooking goals for both self and staff.
· Coaches leaders of revenue generating departments indeveloping effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that willdrive the property's financial performance.
· Verifies Sales team understands and is leveraging MarriottInternational (MI) demand engines to full potential.
· Works with Human Resources, Engineering and LossPrevention to monitor compliance with local, state and federal regulationsand/or union requirements.
· Partners with Human Resources to attract, develop andretain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of themarket.
· Creates effective structures, processes, jobs andperformance management systems are in place.
· Sets goals and expectations for direct reports usingthe Leadership Performance Process (LPP), aligns performance and rewards,addresses performance issues and holds staff accountable for successfulresults.
· Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisitionstrategy with Human Resources (HR) to minimize lost time due to turnover.
· Maintains an active list of the competition’s bestsales people and executes a recruitment and acquisition plan with HR.
· Supports tools and training resources to educate salesassociates on winning catering solutions.
· Champions leadership development and workforce planningpriorities by assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse,high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen theleadership bench for the future; continues to upgrade the sales & marketingtalent; works with HR to anticipate future talent needs based on businessgrowth plans.
· Identifies, trains and mentors group sales associates;utilizes all available on the job training tools for associates.
· Transfers functional knowledge and develops group salesskills of other discipline managers.
· Provides day today leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives withoverall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
· Evaluates theproperty’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, GroupSales within the Sales Office, electronic lead channels, etc.) and developsstrong working relationships to proactively position and market theproperty.
· Manages themarketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotionsand collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
· Adaptability– Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
· Communication- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making- Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
· Professional Demeanor- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams- Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results- Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
· Planning and Organizing- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships- Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
· Customer Relationships- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset -Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability-Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management- Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions- Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that apprpriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
o Sales Disposition- Energetic, proactive, takes calculated risks, and perseveres to attain goals.
o Sales Opportunity Analysis- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customer needs and issues that can inform sales strategies.
o Revenue Management- Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
o Management of Financial Resources-Ability to analyze Profit and Loss (P&L) statements, develop operating budgets and revenue goals, forecasting, and capital expenditure planning; determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
· <span style="font-famil