JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for clear communication, both oral and written, with various departments on multiple special events to ensure guest satisfaction and success. Keeps in perspective the expectations of the client, both internally and externally, while maintaining the reputation and integrity of Universal Orlando. Responsible for all necessary administrative paperwork to comply with the standard company policies and procedures. Responsible for other paperwork/assignments as directed by management.
• Integrated in all aspects of special events, such as client contact, menu planning, and creative concepts to ensure success from an operational and guest perspective.
• Communicate, both orally and in written form, with various departments regarding multiple special events, including subordinates.
• Ensure proper staffing levels and equipment maintenance for all special events
• Development of staff
• Complete site visits and pre-con meetings to ensure client’s expectations.
• Ensure all paperwork, including billing, is correctly completed in accordance with the standard company policies and procedures.
• Support Senior Catering Manager as directed.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High school degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Business/Hospitality Management preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Class C Driver’s License required. Forklift Certified preferred; Alcohol Awareness
preferred. Catering Management Certification preferred; Hospitality Industry Association
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years Catering/Food Service Experience in a leadership
role required; One to three years Catering/Banquet Management Experience required.
or equivalent combination of education and experience.